Mercantile Dining & Provision – Denver, CO
This little gem is located inside Union Station at the end of one of the hallways. We happened across this place while waiting for a table at Snooze an AM Eatery. Thank you Snooze for having a line because we might not have come across one of our favorite restaurants 🙂
I loved the look and feel of this place. It was old world meets European market meets upscale and quaint cafe. The whole place just made me happy and serene, it was enchanting. The vibe reminded me of Spoon and Stable in Minneapolis, MN (more on that in another post). Take a look at the cute, rustic self-serve water station with mason jars to drink out of.
So, the whole point of coming here was to try out their breakfast and see what it was all about. My husband wanted to try out their oatmeal, he thought their name for it was so clever, “oats on oats” :D. He paired it with a glass of freshly-squeezed orange juice.
I was going back and forth between the Croque Madame and the Croissant French Toast, but in the end the roasted banana compote from the french toast peaked my interest more. I regret not adding on one of their fresh pressed juices, but that just gives me another reason to go back, right? 😉
Would we eat here again? Heck yes!
- Enchanting, old world, European market, quaint cafe.
- Hubby declared their oatmeal was the best he’s ever had. The granola gave it a nice crunch for added texture.
- The orange juice tasted fresh, sweet, and didn’t have a lot of pulp.
- I thought the Croissant French Toast was delicious and the chantilly cream was divine. The plate looked like it’d be overly sweet, but it wasn’t. The walnuts cut the sweetness.
- We both would love to try other breakfast items and I, for one, can’t wait to try one of their fresh pressed juices.
- We loved breakfast so much we went back for dinner that night (stay tuned for another post)
#Mercantile #MercantileDenver #seriouseats #Denver #Colorado #JamesBeardAwardWinner #UnionStation
[Featured photo is the Croissant French Toast: roasted banana compote, chantilly cream, candied walnuts, burton’s maple syrup]
2 comments on “Breakfast at Tiff… I Mean Mercantile’s”
LikeLiked by 1 person